When we got the new camera in 2010 I started using Windows Live Photo Gallery to organize my photos. I've been flagging the pictures that I want to print and post, and that has been working great! Unfortunately I'm so far behind in Melodi's book I'm not sure when I'll be able to catch up. The pictures are all printed through December which only leaves 6 or 7 weeks left to print for the album. The pictures have even been sorted the album pages. Now I have to go through and pick layouts and papers and do the journalling. This is going to take a while, hopefully I can have it done by the time the baby gets here in May.
Now that I have been on Pinterest for a while, I have come across a blog (I'll have to go back and figure out which one it is) that had a great month by month scrapbook organization timeline. Ideally, this is how it would work:
- First week of the month: upload, journal and edit photos, plan pages (basic) from the previous month
- Second week: print pictures, pick out papers and embellishments
- Third and fourth week: complete layouts, catch up on prior layouts
I use Walgreens to print my photos and wait for them to have a sale with photos under or at 10cents then print so that I can pick up on a Tuesday for the military discount. This is where the timeline is going to get me because sometimes I have to order 50 prints to get the sale, which will leave me waiting until I have enough pictures to order. So I started on this timeline and this is where I am with January:
- Pictures star rated (not flagged) for Melodi's book
- Pictures flagged for the family album
- Pictures edited to print (cropped to 2x2 and 3x3)
- Family journalling done in Word
- Melodi's journalling done by caption in Windows Live Photo Gallery
No comments:
Post a Comment