I finished up this weeks LID today. Thankfully it was another one that was easy enough to adjust to my 8x8 size. I did a spread of Melodi "climbing" the stairs for the first time. The set of 6 pictures I used really tells the story from beginning to end. I used my Cricut to create a title tag and some embellishment flowers. If I had some cute little brads I would have used them in place of the flowers and pearls on the title tag. Each of the four flowers are different, even if it's in just a little way.
William started his first batch of beer today. When he was finished with the steps for today he asked for "one of those hard covered books," meaning a composition notebook, to keep track of what he's done in regards to brewing. I asked if I could decorate it with my Cricut and he said that I could as long as it wasn't crazy. After some rummaging I found one pretty easily. I ended up covering it in two brown pieces using my corner cutter to match the corners of the notebook, and two colored strips (one red, one green) along the spine. It was necessary to use as many pieces because there was no way a 12x12 piece of paper would cover it completely. I did the center artwork completely with my Cricut. A couple days ago someone asked in the forum if it was possible to weld letters around a circle, and since then I was really wanting to try it out on something, so this was the perfect opportunity. I do need to figure out a apostrophe for his name, and if he wants some more embellishments later I'll add those too. It turned out great and William has already started keeping track of his stuff in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment